BlogGalleryAbout meContact

W00t - released.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
it was done with special version of darwin bootloader !

this darwin bootloader can run even UNMODIFIED apple's original kernels

just replace then few kexts and u have osx86 on c2d-based cpu(P4 needs kernel modifications) and intel hpet mobo without ANY kernel modifications.
other systems requires modified kernel tho :D

release at irc, #leopard topic
don't forget to say thx for Turbo and def also

Update: fsb detection in bootloader for vanilla apple kernel done, it's in #leopard channel, last link
Comments (39)  Permalink

Comments

bablefish @ 05.11.2007 22:29 CEST
Congratulations! Impressive. Let me know if you need a beta tester.... :-) (I don't mind reinstalling a few times)...
enb141 @ 05.11.2007 22:33 CEST
cool, this is what we were looking since the begining of osx86 so good luck netkas
Outpost @ 05.11.2007 22:33 CEST
Wowsers! Thats incredible. Ditto on the beta testing please!
alicheusz @ 06.11.2007 00:05 CEST
This is hottest info on osxscene from time of Omni's Titan inject kext or even SSE2 emulation

I have no idea what that screenshot mean. But must say good job vladimir
blkblt @ 06.11.2007 03:46 CEST
Nice work! Can't wait to use this brilliant piece of work....
Ezhoon @ 06.11.2007 05:44 CEST
Wow freaking incredible!

After Leo installation it's kinda getting boring and
you gave us something to play with. Nice!! ;-)
Joe Cargo @ 06.11.2007 09:38 CEST
WOW...
This is the best achievement since the beginning of the osx86 project. Congratulations Netkas, Keep up the good work.

now, I wonder what apple will think?!
ipguy @ 06.11.2007 12:06 CEST
simply awesome !
i'm ready to betatest !
me @ 06.11.2007 13:40 CEST
Truly astonishing. Congratulations, this is a real breakthrough. Got a c2d based cpu and might betatest if needed.
m.musashi @ 06.11.2007 16:19 CEST
GREAT JOB!
looking forward to developments
shoarthing @ 06.11.2007 17:10 CEST
. . amazing news.
devnull @ 06.11.2007 18:28 CEST
great work netkas.

btw, are you by any chance talking about the darwin bootloader patches of dfe? he mentioned on his page that the project was inspired by a screenshot you posted about efi. if you're not using the dfe patches then maybe you guys should share notes. he's accepting patches and if you guys could work together then that would be great.

again, great job. your work is much appreciated by everyone in the community.
thanks.
frodobagins @ 06.11.2007 20:42 CEST
your rocks Netkas, amazing work!!! (I'm ready to test it!! Sorry my bad english)
gotoh @ 06.11.2007 22:03 CEST
THIS IS JUST AMAZING (sorry, I had to shout) !!
freelinuxer @ 06.11.2007 22:18 CEST
I can provide at least 10 good beta testers including myself.
so eager to see this great work soon.
cheers.!
netkas @ 06.11.2007 22:31 CEST
devnull
we used r14, improved it a lot, to make possible using applesmbios and appleacpiplatform (from leo gm) also added a lot of keys.

Then he shared r21 which have same fixes.
Hehe, that's funny
alicheusz @ 07.11.2007 02:09 CEST
nice bonus inside pc_efi, my best is Vechno Molodoi from Brat 2. Good film by the way specially first part.
Petro Leigh @ 07.11.2007 04:31 CEST
I am retiree with post graduate experience in electronics and computer technology. I will be happy to offer my service as a beta tester.

Regards.
Maclancer @ 07.11.2007 16:46 CEST
Amazing work, I have a Gigabyte P35 DS3L, Core Duo 2 SS3, if you need me for beta tester I am available, maclancer@gmail.com
SkyZ @ 07.11.2007 18:36 CEST
Oh my..... You're god man, Netkas!!! Would you tell us which Intel mobo will work for sure? Praying it'll be DG33tl....
gotoh @ 07.11.2007 20:19 CEST
Guys, this is really great !
Huge thanks to anyone involved in this...
Also fixed the FSB issue easily (wrong time syncing issue) but you probably already know how to do it ;)

THANKS GUYS !!
ipguy @ 08.11.2007 01:09 CEST
but how do we use this with an original retails osx disk that we want to patch ?
mrjoe @ 08.11.2007 05:02 CEST
WOOT :)

So what IRC site, I can't find it on moofspeak... (leopard channel)
Erix18 @ 08.11.2007 06:20 CEST
irc.osx86.hu port6667
Tim @ 08.11.2007 12:52 CEST
I am very impressed indeed. I can't really wait to try it on my C2D system. It worked like a charm with Tiger, and with this EFI workaround, it should be... well I can't wait to try thsi out!
chipxsd @ 08.11.2007 13:11 CEST
You think it'll work on the new 10.5.1 kernel?
babyporch @ 08.11.2007 15:59 CEST
It works like a charm on P5B-E E6600. Thanks at all !!
Joel @ 08.11.2007 16:46 CEST
ahh.. i want it!! but i cant download it... dont have an account. is there a mirror?

btw.. very nice work!!!!
Joel @ 08.11.2007 16:46 CEST

btw.. very nice work!!!!
alicheusz @ 08.11.2007 18:29 CEST
It is clear for me that the only real problem to get native Mac OS X on hackinotsh is to get EFI running. It trigger sound graphic kernel to work. All these inject kext and hack will be not needed Why it is impossible to do that? Witch EFI certain laptops would be full working without patching.
Maclancer @ 08.11.2007 18:41 CEST
It does not work for me, I have a Core Duo 2 SS3, Gigabyte, and I did it step by step, why it does not work for me???
fabcat @ 08.11.2007 18:56 CEST
Thanks Guys.

When I use it with an apple kernel, my clock goes really fast. Hope you are working on getting accurate fsb detection working in the boot loader like most of the recent patched kernels have. I am thinking of putting a static fsb in dfe's boot loader until someone comes up with a proper solution. Is this the fsb thing you have a solution to Gotoh or is that something else?
fabcat @ 08.11.2007 19:44 CEST
"Update: fsb detection in bootloader for vanilla apple kernel done"

Excellent. I should have read this before I wrote my previous comment. Thanks so much.
fabcat @ 08.11.2007 20:17 CEST
Just thought of another advantage to this. It will make apple software updates much easier. Not a big problem if a software update overwrites your kernel.

Just wondering, is it the EFI's job to provide a HostUUIDString? I think fixing this common error might make things work better: "_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UU
ID for host. Error: 35"
Could the boot loader provide that?

Also wondering if there will be a way to add additional EFI tables. Maybe by getting the boot loader to read in a file that has extra EFI data. The sort of data I mean is whatever is in the EFI tables of Apple hardware. I am hoping this would do away with the need for things like natit and ALCinject. Hope I am not dreaming.
netkas @ 14.11.2007 20:29 CEST
fabcat, to do that need to emulate efi-runtime services fully, but to do it, need to dump them from mac first.
david @ 17.11.2007 01:33 CEST
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to test it, where can I get it
matilda @ 24.11.2007 04:09 CEST
YouTubeRobot.com today announces YouTube Robot 2.0, a tool that enables you to download video from YouTube.com onto your PC, convert it to various formats to watch it when you are on the road on mobile devices like mobile phone, iPod, iPhone, Pocket PC, PSP, or Zune.
Product page: youtuberobot.com
Direct download link: youtuberobot.com/download/utuberobot.exe
Company web-site: .youtuberobot.com
E-mail: support@youtuberobot.com
matilda @ 24.11.2007 04:09 CEST
Product page: youtuberobot.com
Direct download link: youtuberobot.com/download/utuberobot.exe
Company web-site: .youtuberobot.com
E-mail: support@youtuberobot.com
matilda @ 24.11.2007 04:09 CEST
Product page: youtuberobot.com
Direct download link: youtuberobot.com/download/utuberobot.exe
Company web-site: .youtuberobot.com
E-mail: support@youtuberobot.com
No new comments allowed (anymore) on this post.